We went to City Park Pool in the morning, which was a blast!!! There are two play structures, a lazy river, and two huge slides. And with our reduced fee passes it only cost a little less than $1.50. Sweet! The kids had a lot of fun, Cameron really liked riding the lazy river with me, and they went down the kid's slide several times. We did some splashing, some swimming, Reese practiced his cruising skills, and Grace liked checking everything out! After an hour it started getting chilly, so we went home, and a thunderstorm soon followed. We had a relaxing afternoon and then when the rain stopped we went to the city's family celebration! The kids went through an obstacle course, down a huge slide, which they LOVED!!
I have usually preferred America the Beautiful over the Star-Spangled Banner (even though that is our national anthem), but in church when we were singing it, I really appreciated the third verse:
"Best with vict'ry and peace, may the heav'n rescued land Praise the Pow'r that hath made and preserved us a nation! Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust!"'
I hope I can appreciate the blessings and privileges of living in this country .
No comments:
Post a Comment