Thursday, May 28, 2009

Father Son campout





















The boys went off to their father/son campout a couple weeks ago; RD was supposed to give us the update, since I wasn't there, but we've been busy, so I didn't want to miss such a fun blog! The first fun surprise for the guys came when RD zipped close the door, and the zipper came off in his hand. So, no tent door. With lots of wind. Luckily, our ward bishop had some duct tape with him, and RD was abale to duct tape it closed... he just had to lift the boys in and out of the window.

The boys had lots of fun roasting some hot dogs and smores,
playing games, telling stories, and just hanging out. It was pretty cold, and Reese said Cameron woke him up duringthe night, but they all survived ok. The morning was so cold the boys wanted to stay inside their beds while RD went to get them breakfast and the hot cocoa he made for them. Good planning RD!!
Later in the morning, they went to a nearby lake to go fishing. Reese did awesome!! He was casting, hooking, and reeling in his fish all by himself, and caught a bunch, the biggest one this sucker.
They were worn out but happy when they came home, full of stories of their adventure. They were all ready to go camping again, but it won't be in that tent, so probably not for while (I'm so distraught!:))

While they were gone Grace and I had some fun playing, I got some errands done, got to watch a 'chick flick', and we missed our guys. Grace and I'll have to leave them sometime to do something fun. But I"m not going to wish our lives away, so we'll just wait till she's older.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

So so cute! I hope Aaron takes Eli on Father/Son camp outs. Isn't it nice to watch a chick flick every now and again?

Debbie said...

It was VERY fun!!!! RD's the one that gets movies from Redbox, so they're almost always some action flick, which just isn't my fave. He'll sit through mine, but I'm more into the 'masterpiece theater/bbc ones that aren't easy to rent.