Friday, October 17, 2008

Teething troubles

RD needs to post on here soon, I've been on here way too much, but he's unable to talk.... he's still too devastated from last night's loss. This is when I'm glad I'm nowhere near as emotionally involved as RD... it's just a game, right? (RD will be the first to disagree with me, so I know lots of you will too)

Anyway, Grace has been teething for what seems a loong time, I've been waiting for those teeth 'any day now' for more than two weeks. She's been pretty good, fussy but not a complete melt-down, but the last three or four days have been really hard. As in not taking regular naps,and being grumpy and tired, always wanting me to hold her or sit right beside her. Two nights ago she was just screaming around 2 am, so we gave her some tylenol, and then I held her for 20 min while she calmed down and drifted to sleep. She awoke when I put her down, so I put my hand on her tummy while i knelt by her pack and play ( very awkward!) She was still fussing, and eventually moved my hand to where it was nestled beside her, and she was grasping my little finger. After 20 more min she was out, and I was SO happy to get back to bed, but as I tossed and turned to go back to sleep, I thought about that sweet gesture of hholding my finger, and how it comforted her, and that it was worth it.

But, having to hold her standing in the living room at 4 am to calm her down this morning, and having to hold her the rest of the night for her to sleep, was not!

Any day now, they'll come through!

right?!

2 comments:

sambritt said...

RD - come away from the cliff; think of Bronco's metrics rather than the world's (BCS).

They, unfortunately, drove into the perfect storm; it was bound to happen; no team goes 3 years through a conference undefeated; they have accomplished awesome things along the way, that go beyond the field.

Redemption is a great oppurtunity

JrJr Moreys said...

Have you ever tired teething tables? http://www.vitaminsnstuff.com/Shop_by_Brand/Hylands/T/354973750418.html

They work great! You can get them at a natural store.