Saturday, September 13, 2008

Great times with great friends!!!

Wish you were here Darrick! Yeah, the boys needed some more R&R,. Kamas has got nothing on Ft. Collins!


IT was SO fun to have our friends the Calvin's come visit us on their roadtrip. Reese especially was so excited, whenever we brought it up he'd jump up and down or run around with his arms up yelling "yes, yes!!" We played at our house for awhile, then headed to this awesome park nearby, where the kids had tons of fun.
Reese has told us that he has a girlfriend named Elise at school (we'll go into that later), but I guess Hannah has first dibs...:) Reese I guess has always been attached to Hannah, especially since Katie and I carpooled together over the summer for preschool. Maybe they'll meet up at BYU later?!:)
The crew after eating lunch at a colorado burger and frozen custard restaurant; they really get along so well, it's so Fun! And yes, Cameron is stuffing a cookie into his mouth.
And of course it was awesome to see OUR friends. I thought it might make me homesick, and it did a little, but I'm just so glad we have these friends that we can keep even though we're far(ther) away. Katie helps keep me motivated to be brave and keep trying to make friends here, even though we're here for a short time. No regrets, right Katie!


We are truly grateful for the Gospel in our lives that have not only given us hope for eternal life, but gives us wonderful opportunities to find meaningful friendships.

2 comments:

Despain said...

R.D. I am glad that you and Debbie had such a great visit with the Calvins while they were there and we hope to visit soon as well, but after seeing these pics. I am definitely making sure that you and Darrick have no alone time for R & R. You're having quite an effect on all these men taking there clothes off.....if you need to talk to someone about these desires....I can help! haha. Miss you guys
Alisha

Despain said...

You guys nipples are the same size. what's up with that?
By the way RD the Kokanee were up @ Strawberry res. We stopped at the egg collection facility/ visitor center and then over to Indian Creek. I had 5 in my hand but they all wiggled out.