Well, we're finally mostly moved in and getting used to our new home. We've seen some of Ft. Collins, and it seems really nice,we're excited to see the rest of it! We have found several ponds, and there's a great park, playground and city pool at a pond just a skip and a hop from our apt., which is nice.
Cameron wasn't too helpful packing, but he sure had fun unpacking!
We've been having some problems with the internet going through the campus housing stuff, so sorry I'm having problems with some of the post stuff.
It was kind of exciting for me leaving Provo to think we were moving on to something (a job maybe!?) but I actually feel like we've gone back! In Provo we lived in a great house with neighbors who mostly weren't students, and now we're back in an apt. surrounded by students, in university housing, on campus!... it's not bad, just weird. I feel more like we're in school than when RD was in classes! But, then, there are good things about college towns... there are at least four thrift shops I've seen driving around!
Oh, and RD was able to see the X Files movie with his mother and brother! He was a little let down by it but hopes that enough people go and help them make enough money to make another one... which will hopefully be better! We had a great visit with RD's family this last week, but are bummed out how much it costs and how far it is to travel there. We wished we lived a bit closer to make the trip more manageable!
Has anyone read the book, "who moved my cheese?" RD had to read it for one of his classes a couple years ago, and I read it afterwards (i sometimes read his stuff if it's not too theoretical, boring, or way over my head). If you have, I'm trying really hard to think, 'where can i find new cheese', instead of crying 'why did my cheese move!". I think it will be a great ward, I'm impressed by how friendly and outgoing so many people are, and i"m excited to make friends! But it was surprising, when we went to church the first sunday, I felt a big loss, not just of friendship, but of having people around who knew me and my 'history', for lack of a better word, those people who had been there through some really tough times. Maybe that doesn't make sense.
We're looking forward to making most of this Colorado adventure though and are excited to try our best to be a part of our ward and our community. While it's a bit stressful to move forward into the unknown, we have confidence that the Lord has led us here and were are looking forward with faith and excitement as we enter into a new phase of life!
3 comments:
I know that feeling! I really hope it goes well for you. At least in college towns there tend to be lots of things for young families. I feel like we've been the "new family" for the last three years!
Hope you find a "bosom buddy" (ref Ann of green gables) pretty soon! it's lonely to move...at least you can make yourself over! you could dye your hair red and NO ONE would know it wasn't real!!!! :)
So...no one will know how you stole all the oven mits from the chapel's kitchen.:)
It's a clean start!
LOL! love you guys!
Welcome back! Never leave us again.
Post a Comment