Time is flying by! With less than two week until we move off to Ft. Collins, we both feel like someone has pressed fast forward on our lives. We just hope to get all the thing we want to do, but especially all the we need to do done before July 25th.
The boys just finished swimming lessons this week. Reese loved every minute of it! We hope to enroll him in Ft. Collins if we can. He seems to really enjoy learning this new skill and hope his enthusiasm for it continues. Cameron on the other hand... did not do too well. He has been struggling lately with being around other adults alone. He will not go to nursery at church right now, nor will he walk anywhere without holding our hand. Swimming lessons were not exempted from his mental list of things he can't be left alone in. I ended up staying by the side of the pool with him while Debbie was hanging out with Grace at home. While I'm glad Cameron is wary of strangers, is inability to trust other adults right now is really impacting what we can/can't do with him. I hope it's just a phase. We'll see.
Two big events happened this week for me. The first one is that I was walking on campus at BYU and saw that if I gave blood, they would give me either this BYU shirt which reads "I bleed blue and white", or get a pint of ice cream for a pint of blood.

I've wanted one of these shirts for a while due to being a die hard BYU football fan and so I decided to be altruistic for my hedonic desire for a shirt. Let's just say I definitely earned the shirt. I've given blood and plasma many times in my day, but for some reason this time was different. After I was done giving blood and helping myself to the drinks and cookies available, I started to become sick to my stomach and a little light headed. Then I had the sudden urge to relieve my bladder. One of the technicians was nearby and asked if I was alright. Stated that I was going to go to the bathroom but that I'd be right back. I started to walk away and suddenly everything became fuzzy. I distinctly remember seeing the walls go sideways and that my head thudded against something. When I came to a couple of seconds later, I found myself sprawled out on the tile floor about 10 feet from where I started. They said that when I blacked out, my head hit pretty soundly against the floor. It was so embarrassing to be flat on my back in a major walkway with students, adults and children staring down at me as they passed! Also, EFY was happening on campus so there were a bunch of teenagers wandering around as well. It could have only been worse if my bladder had decided to give up it's restrictiveness. I'm glad that even if I pass out, my bladder will stick by me! The technicians felt so bad that they not only gave me the T shirt, but they also added in the pint of ice cream! My head still hurts, but Debbie says that I'm acting no weirder than normal.
For father's day, Debbie gave me a coupon that I could go on an all day fishing trip, so I took her up on her gift yesterday. I went with a couple of friends, Darrick and Spencer to go float tubing in the Uintas. We first stopped off at the Nudist Ranch in Kamas for a little R and R before we got dressed and traveled the rest of the way to Mirror Lake.


It was a blast! It was high in the Uinta Mountains near the tree line. The water was surprisingly warm. I was able to catch 14 trout, most being beautiful brook trout dry flying and the rest being rainbow trout. There is something so peaceful about being out in a natural lake filled with


fish, surrounded by pines, with nothing on the mind but a fly rod, a size 14 renegade, and the signs of fish feeding. The friends I went with are dear to my heart and I can't think of a better way to part ways then ending with a fantastic and memorable fishing trip. Oh, and for those of you scandalized by the visit to the ranch, we just stood in front of the sign!
So here are most of the boxes we've done so far.

And when I say we, I really mean Debbie. She's so great! I know she's stressed out about moving, and I think getting boxes together is somewhat helpful for her in reducing her stress, but it's also a constant visual reminder that we're leaving. We will undoubtedly miss this place, particularly our friends and the community atmosphere. We've loved being members of the church here in Provo and all the friends we've made in and out of the congregation. It is so wonderful to have been surrounded by individuals and families who, like us, are struggling and striving to live Christian ideals. Well, we have a family dinner tonight (probably our last one before we leave... bummer), so we better get going.
3 comments:
I totally understand the stress of moving--good luck! I really hope you like your new place and that things go well for you. I'm sure it will be nice to feel a little more "settled."
Thanks for the luck!
Hilarious! I read this a few days ago and I’m still laughing about it. Underneath all of the clothes I’m wearing….completely naked! There is a little nudist in all of us. See you in Colorado.
Post a Comment