Sunday, February 10, 2008

Reese's Birthday!

Reese is 5 years old now! He's such a big boy!! He was very excited about his birthday, and got to have two days of it, since he had a school party on his b-day on friday, adn we had our family party on saturday after RD got home. He woke up both mornings saying, it's my birthday! He wanted to keep it going after the weekend, telling me not to take hte banners etc. down, he loved it so much. I was worried about his cake since he kept changing his mind, but he settled on a green hot wheels cake with flames... I was still a little worried about making that, but Reese isn't very critical about his cakes, so he watched and directed as I did the flames and seemed very happy. Decorating cakes is definitly NOT something I will ever do for fun, but I'm glad it makes him happy. He was happy with his presents, which is always fun to watch, and it was a great evening celebrating him with Dave and Juliana.
He got a BYU shirt he was so excited about, and he's aksed me to keep washing it so he can wear it as often as possible....RD totally encourages BYU football passion in him, they';re funny. Reese and Cameron can both recognize (and Reese can write) BYU and will say "go byu cougars!"

Unfortunatley, Dave was trying to show off his muscle scooping out his ice cream (or was taking too big a scoop!) and broke our scooper...which we all enjoyed teasing him about.


We've switched the boys into their 'new' room, and gotten her room mostly ready now... it's really fun to have a little girl room taking shape, and have little girl clothes in the closet and dresser. They are so cute!! It seems we're just waiting now...waiting to find out where we're going on internship, waiting for her to come around the same time, and trying to squeeze in a few dates before she's born. I am so uncomfortable, my hands swell pretty bad, and I'm so ready to not have to take drugs or feel sick and huge, I've been eager to not be pregnant for 8 1/2 months, I keep hoping she wont' be late, but we'll see. Several people have told us it'd be so cool for her to be born on leap day, and several people say they hope she's not born on leap day! It's funny... i hope she's not just because I hope she comes earlier than that!

So life continues on. The other night Reese wanted me to sit by him while he ate snacks, so I did, with Cameron on the other side. Then Cameron wanted to trade seats with me, so I did, which Reese was upset about and started to cry. Cameron said "i'm your brother Reese, i'm your brother" in a cute voice trying to make Reese happy about sitting by him, so I said "Reese, he's your brother and wants to sit by you". Reese calmed down, looked up with his red tearful eyes and said quietly and sorrowfully, "but he's a messy boy". RD and I laughed so hard, he became happy and we enjoyed the rest of snacks together, cameron making his usual mess.

They can be so cute... right now they're coloring together, Reese said 'i love you cameron' and cameron said 'i love you too', with no interuption or cause. Of course, sometimes i have to look at our scrapbooks to remember that they are fun and not just work.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

You guys have such a cute family! And I'm very impressed with Reese's cake. I'm glad you guys blog so I can keep up to date with your family. Good luck with the new baby--I feel your pain (well, I did not too long ago.).