A New Year!!!
And a new church time! We've done ok with the 1pm time, but Cameron can get pretty tired since he misses his nap. This pic is of him at dinner on our last 1 pm sunday time... he had fallen asleep on my lap before dinner got done, and when it was time to eat he was still more interested in sleeping! We now have church at 9am, which feels pretty rushed after 1 pm, but we like it better (so far!).
We've had lots of snow the last few weeks! We got to go sledding a couple times, which was fun. It was very crowded when we went New Year's Day, but the next day was almost deserted..much better! The boys had a lot of fun, until a teenage girl crashed into Reese at the bottom.... he was worried about going down on his own after that. This is a personal beef I have, but on New Years Day, it was so crowded, and a couple families brought their dogs, and let them off the leash... it was ironinc because we saw the first dog and owners right next to the "Dogs must remain on a leash" sign. Cameron was especially scared of them, and they ran after RD and the boys down the hill a couple times. ARGH! But they had fun nonetheless.
Reese also helped RD shovel our driveway, and for the first time he actually was a help! He sometimes lost he snow off the shovel it was so heavy, but he did great!
RD's in the middle of interviews for internships... the last one is the 25th of thi smonth, and we find out on the 25th of Feb where we match (it's a match system to go on internship). He's going out to MI for his last interview, (for 4 days!) I"m not looking forward to that.
I started working on a quilt for our girl right after Christmas (the first and so far only thing we've done for her) and I finally finished it! I made it harder than it had to be by rotatin the quilt bloscks onto a corner, and i'm not very good at sewing triangles into corners, so it doens't lay totally flat, and it's not perfect, but it's the best I could do. It's fun to have Something ready for her! It's not quite so dark as in the photo, the flash washed it out so I thought this was the most accurate photo without fooling around with the flash. One of these days I'll have to take a trip up to a Salt Lake DI for clothes.
So, of course there have been lots of funny moments, but I actually remember a few right now. So awhile ago I accidentally knocked a hair elastic into the toilet (i not so wisely keep all my hair stuff on a shelf above it) and of course was not going to get it..RD does that gross job for me. So when he came home I told him aobut it, and he very nicely got it out for me, and threw it away, and told me he did it, saying 'I figured you wouldn't want eau de toilet"! I thought that was hilarious! The other night, when we were saying prayers before bed, we were talking about how there were no skeletons (Cameron has been scared of them and i htink has scary dreams with them) or monsters, and to say a prayer to help, and Cameron said "the holy ghost helps me" ..we said Yes! and then immediatly Cameron said, in the same earnest tone, "maybe i can ride a moose"! It made us laugh, he went on that train of htought for awhile, but it's just funny how quickly he changed to a random topic. Anyway, we're trucking along, Reese is eager to have his baby sister. He wants a transformers blanket/quilt on his bed (no way i'm going for that!) and one for cameron, and he drew apicture of their room with transformers on their beds and was telling me about it, and said we needed to get one for his sister too. I told him that maybe she wouldn't like transformers, and he said" we need to get a princess transformers for my sister". Smart boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment