Sunday, October 14, 2018

Life in his hands

I recently learned I want more control over my life than I realized.

The first time I was Reese's passenger was rather frightening, but thankfully he'd already had hours of driving with other people. He thought I'd already driven once with him, but I know when my first time was. Putting my life in his hands caused some vivid anxiety that first time, but he has been a careful and competent driver all the times he's driven me thus far. I guess I cling to my perception of control over my life to feel safe, or maybe it's just scary to be driven by some one who hasn't had drivers ed yet. But drivers ed is happening soon, and Reese is already talking about how great it will be for me when he can run errands. I remember saying that :)
running errands doesn't last long.
On the bright side, adding him to our insurance somehow decreased our policy for now. Not sure how that worked, but we're ok with it.