I often forget exactly how old I am, the important thing now being what decade I'm in. What I want to remember is the actual day/celebration, so for the last several years I've asked to do an adventure/memory-maker for my birthday. The hike up to the Timpanogos Cave wasn't exactly a fun experience I love and want to do again soon, but it sure was a memory!
So this year, I decided I wanted to go to the Springville Art Musuem and take some pictures of our family, since I've wanted to do that for a long time! It's so cool and pretty around there. But since family photos are generally a very painful experience, I wanted to just have the timer take some shots of us eating ice cream together. The kids can't complain too much about that, right?
Now, RD was all in favor of doing it the night after my birthday, since he and the boys had a church event going on that night, but I really like celebrating the day that's supposed to be celebrated. So we tried to rush out the door when they got back, but with getting everyone ready to go it was a rather staggered departure, and later than I was hoping for better lighting.
We arrived though, and RD gathered the kids and cooler with ice cream as I scouted out my favorite spot. We converged in the spot, and I couldn't resist arranging them very quickly for a family pic; I mean, they all looked kempt, there was a beautiful location, and I had a tripod and timer, so it just had to happen. To avoid the inevitable rebellion, we only took 2 pictures, so it was a near miracle we had one that turned out!
They already started to complain and get restless, so RD pulled out the ice cream as I moved the tripod, and the kids started messing around as we ate ice cream and took turns pushing the timer and running back. And accidentally messing up the camera as we pushed the timer. Since we were moving around it was hard to know if we were within the camera frame, but it was actually almost fun! The ice cream was almost gone when I noticed Renée's adorable onesie had a spot that hadn't been there before, and it had been shared with RD's shirt, so that was that.
RD headed off to the van to change her while I cleaned up and took down and herded kids back. and Reese decided to tell me he'd made a bunch of weird faces to be funny.
We went home and spent the twilight hours hanging around outside till it was way past bedtimes and dark out.
So with people being out of the frame, Reese's weird faces, and blurry movements, I patched together three pictures to get a fun one.
But it was fun enough I'd do it again, so it was a birthday win!
Monday, June 11, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment