She was SO excited, and I was so excited for her. Of course we hoorayed and high-fived, and she showed me immediately.
The weather has been beautiful. The kids played some backyard badminton, using the soccer goals (that are now collapsible) as the net (which is somewhere tangled in the shed).
high-five!
RD convinced me we should enjoy the weather and go for a walk with Renée and the dog, and Aubree wanted to come too. I hesitated, since I hadn't showered or anything for over a day, and told RD we better not meet any people. I barely squeezed my much-less-swollen feet into my shoes, and we set off. It was great to get out, and watching RD and Aubree find mole hills for Padfoot was fun. Have I mentioned how much I love Aubree's enthusiasm? Her delight as she ran around, jacket cinched around her waist, carrying a stick almost twice her height, messy hair streaming around her, as she spotted mole hills and a carp splashing in the creek, telling me all about it in her almost-yelling voice reverberating around the neighborhood, was contagious. And then we saw some people. I didn't know them and thought I was safe, but it turns out RD knew them, and we talked and got introduced. Yaayy.
It sure makes a difference getting out, instead of the usual at-home whining and demanding voice I hear from her. It's been a rough 9 months for everyone, and I'm hoping this spring/summer are better. I know there has been joy, but it's way easier to be happy when I'm not sick and in pain. I don't know how people with chronic/terminal pain/illness deal. I'm excited to have some adventures this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment