Tuesday, March 20, 2018
Photographer
RD's about as enthusiastic as the boys are to take pictures; I guess I maybe get a bit anxious or frustrated at times. I finally guilted him into it, and Grace offered to take the pictures of us together. Isn't she an angel?! She really is a good helper. I guess she should be my photography buddy.
They aren't amazing, and I wish I looked more pulled together, but after years of being behind the camera, I decided it was more important to be in them than worry how I looked. So now I tell RD to take a picture, he tries to remember to take some more often, and now the kids even help. Here's to remembering how little she was, how she fit in an arm, and those tiny toes and nose. My bleary eyes from feeding and snuggling her, no make-up from choosing a nap instead of a shower. The attention and love she inspires from her siblings, that hang around while I change her diaper so they can have dibs on holding her, and oohing at how tiny her toes are and how she grabs their finger. The exclamations when she fills her diaper, especially if they're holding her. The kisses and songs they sing when she's fussy or crying. How she poops and pees on us more than all the other kids combined; going through at least 2, usually 3 or even 4, clean diapers every diaper change even when she's had plenty of time to finish. How much Aubree loves Renée's one little "elf ear", and says almost every day how much bigger she is from growing. How Reese comes home and asks "where's the baby?" , and the first thing Aubree wants to do every morning is hold her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love the pictures. Thank you Grace (and RD -- and Debbie)!
Post a Comment