I love how excited 5 year olds are about holidays. Aubree has been SO excited for valentines, cheering when we made our love bags and counting down the days. Decorating our love bags was a little more low-key this year, but I love seeing the bags they decorate. And it's sad to see the teenager's lack of enthusiasm. I just love those cute colorful bags!
Aubree spent hours making love notes and pictures to stuff in the bags, and loved to tell us not to look as she put them in.
The girls were pretty excited to get a lot of candy from school. They came home, dumped out their bags, and ate a big snack so they could eat a lot of candy.
We made a yummy crab dinner, and crepes for dessert, but by far the best part of the evening was opening our love bags. We all sat around in the living room, reading love notes from each other, and oohing over Aubree's multiple drawing/cards. Cameron was a total sweetheart and had bought everyone's favorite candies to put in their bags. He even got me some dark chocolate! It was super sweet to hear the kids notes to each other, at least the ones that had to be read aloud by the author to decipher the writing (cameron's notes) and the ones to Aubree she couldn't read. We sat around laughing and enjoying all our awesomeness. Aubree loved the unicorn I drew her, and at least one of the jokes I'd looked up and written got read aloud: "what kind of flowers do you never give on valentines".... Cauliflower!" haha, especially to these guys.
Then we had the crepes, and the sugar rush descended into chaos and whining and a rather dramatic bedtime. RD and I sat at the table eating our last couple crepes as the kids whined/argued/disappeared around us. Some things chocolate doesn't make better. Even chocolate and raspberries.
But it wouldn't have the awesome without the craziness!
We had our real date the next night seeing Jake Shimabukuro, who was incredible. RD was the most excited he's been since our Psych date :) That is super fun to see. I love how passionate he gets about his interests, and how creative and fun he is. He makes me smile.
Friday, February 16, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment