So Gramp, RD and the boys went off to explore the world of professional sports, sport physiology, sports medicine, sport psychology, etc. They saw the room that can change humidity and elevation oxygen, for training, a zero-gravity chamber to exercise muscles even when a bone's broken, the boys totally loved it. They had lunch with the olympians, meeting a luge olympiad, and had the special friday hot fudge :) Reese tried the jump steps, which he assured me were really steep.
During the tour he mentioned to RD he was interested in sports medicine after he's done coaching or playing soccer.
The olympic swimming pool they saw takes 10 days to fill, and saw lots of displays showing how far and tall various athletes throw/jump/etc.
The boys beamed when they came back to talk about it, and both mentioned the zero-gravity chamber as super cool.
The girls weren't that interested in the training center, so Grandma and I went to the splash pad. Once we got there, they circled the pad, ventured in enough to get wet, then ran back to the towels to get warm.
Eventually they dried off, and I talked them into going in once more; Aubree got briefly wet, and that was the end. A trip to McDonald's perked them up, and we got some ice cream at home, happy campers.
The boys soon got back, telling us about their day, then us four adults set off on a double date shooting clay pigeons.
We went to the shooting range only a few minutes away, and RD's dad showed me how to shoot. The only other time I've done it was 7 months pregnant with Reese, and I had done ok. Apparently all my beginner luck had been courtesy of Reese, cause I struggled. I probably hit about 1 out of every 3-4. Missing ALL the 'rabbits'. Everyone else rocked it, RD shot all his rabbits! My shoulder was maybe a little yellow and sore the next day.
.After dinner Gramp showed the kids how to make the Original Creepy Crawlies with his own set as a kid! They were very careful and creative as they dabbed colors into the molds, layering colors. They had a lot of fun, though Reese got tired of waiting in line to 'cook' his creations and left them for Gramp to cook.
No comments:
Post a Comment