Monday, August 1, 2016

Slip n slide

Gramp and Grandma saved the day after the Celtic festival, pulling out their own slip n slide. They have a great hill perfect for it. The kids were a little hesitant at first, but when RD went down, they all started playing. Aubree was nervous about sliding, so she just ran down the hill every time. I couldn't believe she never fell!




I'd forgotten my suit, but thought clothes would work ok. It's been decades since I've gone down one, and I hate having unsteady footing (bouncehouses, trampolines, sway bridges, etc.) so I wasn't quite sure how to actually go down, but decided to try sliding down on my bum. Somehow between running on the plastic, being in dry clothes, and sitting down, I slipped and hit my head on my way down. Seeing stars wasn't really what I was going for.
I guess I'm one of those few people who can't figure out how to go down a slip n slide... talk about feeling foolish! Once the stars were gone, and my wounded pride didn't smart so much, I decided to try going down on my stomach, which seemed technically simpler. That totally worked, so that's what I stuck with.
Eventually RD convinced Aubree to go down with him, and he held her as they slid. He also kept telling me it's was easier on your knees, so he went down with me so I could figure it out. Cause I'm so coordinated. :)

(RD's hand is wrapped cause he cut a deep long slit in his palm, which kept bleeding for the next week or so. ouch)

Going down on your knees was tough though, since we had a lot of momentum from the big hill, and the plastic stopped too soon, so the grass would abruptly stop us. There was a lot of rolling.
When we were all worn out enough we were done, and hung out on the porch drying off. We spent some more time playing games, Pandemic was a lot of fun, and hanging out. A good day.
The girls were always sitting with Grandma, but would run away from the camera, those stinkers.

No comments: