We first stopped at the Sevenpeaks Fun Center, which the kids had been anticipating for weeks. The parking lot seemed rather dodgy, so the kids were actually a bit nervous, Aubree thought we were parking in a prison (it was a dark layered parking structure.)
But we got in, and were greeted with a melee of kids and games shrieking at us.
Boy we love and spoil our kids because it takes alot for us to volunteer to immerse ourselves in such a crazy environment!
We surveyed the rides, and the boys signed up for laser tag as we got in line for one for a ride. Bree decided she didn't want to go, as a mom and two girls cut in front of us and the bored attendant opened the gate. It was a very tame ride, but the kids still had fun, then we split up to different games.
Since Grace had worn flip-flops she couldn't do laser tag, so she went along with Bree and they were happy to go on the carousel.
Aubree loved it, saying "again, again!" whenever the rode was over, and changing horses every time. She really wanted to be next to Grace, who sometimes wanted some independence.
Bree could've been there a lot longer, but Grace wanted to move on, so we tried out the rocking boat ride. They both really liked it, and did it over and over.
We finally met up with the boys, who had another game lined up, but the girls wanted to go on the splash boat ride. I had to decide if I didn't want to get wet or didn't want to play laser tag. I'd only done laser tag once, so I went with the boys to laser tag while RD took the girls on the boats.
RD steered while Bree pushed the sprayer the whole time, and they all got soaked. Grace apparently was totally into it. I can imagine :)
and I learned I was right, I really really don't like laser tag.
at least the boys tried to help me out and protect me from the onslaught of kids with guns.
It was time to go, thank goodness, cause I was done, ha.
We were trying to get to Trader Joe's, our first time going since we moved! I have missed T J's'. I selected Trader Joe's on the map, but it was taking us into a downtown neighborhood, and ended at the "Jones".. a rather dilapidated older home, so I must've done something wrong. Thankfully we were only about 10 min off course, and got to T J's in about 15 minutes.
Hooray! We stocked up on stuff we love (cheese, wild blueberries, orange chicken, Orangina, vanilla without alcohol, brownie crisps, brown jasmine rice, etc.) and hoped it'd stay cold in our cooler as we went to the Beans for a bbq.
After we go to the Beans, we hung out, had a great picnic dinner, oohed at their lush garden, and Juliana made a fabulous strawberry poke cake for all the birthday peeps that week. There are 3 birthdays within 4 days, and another to come possibly that could make it 4 within 5 days! Crazy! I totally should have gotten a picture of the three birthday peeps.
Hooray for summer!
The next day we spent prepping for scout camp, and RD and Reese left the next day, so it was kinda anti-climatic, but at least we had a great start. I'm so SO excited for him to be home this summer. It's kinda be life-changing.
No comments:
Post a Comment