Sunday, June 5, 2016

Remember

RD was happy our house came with a little flag holder mounted on a front column on our house, so we could hang a flag on holidays. We had our own flag ceremony Memorial Day morning; having some scouts really comes in handy. I love that RD made that happen, to dedicate some time to pledging allegiance and showing respect for our nation.

Juliana and Brian came down for the morning. Aubree was so excited to have James over, and was very possessive of him. We had a cookout, which was awesome, but also pretty hot. Fires at noon in summer don't seem quite as 'cool' as evening cookouts (haha). But it was still yummy. The kids loved having hot dogs and chips and some even ate watermelon.
I stuck to the shade, and nabbed Aubree's cooked and ignored hot dog to avoid the fire

but smores were worth the heat.
Smores are a must, but it was so hot out by the fire the chocolate got a little too melty, and was pretty messy to eat. But totally worth the drips on clothes.
Juliana threatened me to not post any pics of her being 8 months pregnant, but I hope that one's ok. Love ya Nan!
We played some lawn darts and imaginiff, and had a lot of fun before they headed back home.
We had an FHE on Memorial Day, and those we know who have served us and our country. For all the billions of people throughout history who have lived lives in fear, we sure are blessed. I'm pretty sure I don't even understand how unusual a life I live, free from fear of starvation, violence, terror, and bondage. What a great time and place to live! And I haven't done anything to deserve it, but there are many who have sacrificed to make it a reality. Thanks Grandpa Packard, Grandpa Morey, Uncle Neil, Papa, Gramp, Brett, and so So many others who dreamed and worked to create a republic of freedom. We salute you.

No comments: