Sunday, March 13, 2016

I love to see the temple,

When we first moved to Boise we got to take the kids through the Boise Temple as they had renovated it and were having an open house before the re-dedication. And as we moved to Provo, they were having an open house for the new City Center Temple, which will be our area's temple (woohoo!)
It's pretty awesome to take our kids to the temple and have them see the most beautiful and wonderful place on earth, the house of God.
We had tickets to an early morning tour, and walked from our rental the few blocks to the temple early Wednesday morning. It was already busy, but we never needed our tickets. The Provo City Center temple is gorgeous, and has wonderful symbolism just as a building for what God can make of our lives when we trust him. RD and I had been there several times as the tabernacle for meetings, and it is totally different, but still has the beautiful pioneer heritage preserved.


The kids didn't say much, but they never complained, which is actually saying a lot. But perhaps the tour is what prompted some questions about the temple from Reese when we went to the provo temple this week.
Aubree had a lot of questions about the statue of Jesus, and Cameron asked if we could go on the tour again, though his intent may have been to miss more school :)
After the tour, we took the kids to the dining center for breakfast, which was met with cheers, but ended up in mostly marshmallows, candy, and ice cream bars for breakfast. Darn those all hours ice cream/condiment bar. At least they'd had some cereal before the tour.
I'm excited to go to the dedication, and to the temple once it's dedicated, but so grateful I can have those same blessings of peace and joy and strength at any temple I attend. What an amazing time to be on the earth! It sure gives me better perspective on my life and why I'm here. and to stop whining about being in a vacation rental for 2 months.

1 comment:

Dad said...

Thanks for this beautiful post. It fills us with such joy to see how the gospel brings peace and courage to all of us in our moments of need.