Sunday, December 20, 2015

Farewell to the Beard

in RD's words..


Dear Beard,
We've a had a good run. In our short time together I've really seen you grow. But it's time we cut this relationship off. While Debbie thought you looked great, upon closer inspection, she found you rather, how shall I put this, pretty rough and abrasive. But that's not why we need to separate from each other. I'm going to a place you cannot come. I got a job at Brigham Young University and I'll have to leave you behind in Boise. I know I'll see shadows of you late at night, but I'll work hard daily in keeping us apart. At least we'll always have our family pic... best of luck.
Sincerely,
My Face





Way back in July we were in the process of negotiating terms of buying a house here in Boise. We were going back and forth with the seller about getting the mold/water issue repaired, and the contract expired. Our realtor called us the next morning saying he got an extension on the contract, and he would send the papers over for us to sign. In the few hours before we got the papers, RD got a phone call from BYU, inviting him to apply for a job in the Academic Support office. we were stunned, but excited. We gave up the house, and started watiting. and waiting, and waiting. He didn't interview until October 19th, but got a phone call the week before inviting him to apply for a Counseling and Psychotherapy Services position at the same time, which was another welcome shock. He went down for the interview, and it seemed to go well.
Then we waited, and waited and waited.
Then we finally heard! RD officially accepted a position at CAPS a couple days ago! Wooohooo! We definitely recognized God's hand in guiding us and providing this opportunity, and we are so grateful for it. Boise was a place to deliver most of us from the struggles we were having in Sitka, but landed RD into a more difficult place at work, and I'm so happy for him to finally be in a good spot. We'll miss the people we love here in Boise, but I am so excited for RD to enjoy his job, and have more time with him! and we'll get to see the people we love in Utah now! and eat Eliane's (authentic french pastries... umm, yes!) more often, which could be a problem for our budget and waistlines.

3 comments:

Dad said...

We are happy for the two of you as well and looking forward to seeing all of you sometime this spring when things settle down.

Brian Bean said...

So so excited for you guys!!

Christine said...

Congratulations!! It is so comforting to know that God is in charge of our lives. Happy for you guys! :)