Sunday, November 15, 2015

End of the season

We made it through soccer season! Last weekend was Reese's tournament, and the last of soccer till spring. woohooo!!

At the beginning of the season in August, I was rather afraid of the next few months. We never did find a carpool, so three times a week I'd gather all the kids to drive Reese downtown, in rush hour traffic, then back home. Then we'd usually eat without Reese, and RD or I would drive another 40 min roundtrip to pick him up, but they'd often run late and it'd take a bit longer.
It was such a pain in the beginning, and the selfish part of me thought this was not ok for our family time. But, it was a good opportunity for Reese to learn and get better, and for me to be better organized about dinner and to try to not get stressed about traffic ( i really hate driving around).
But we made it through. Now that soccer's over, Reese is still playing everyday. Sometimes outside, and I love it.


And almost all the time indoors, which really annoys me. He'll juggle toys, wipes containers, books, or anything nearby. I try to remind myself it's his passion, and I can appreciate his enthusiasm. And sometimes I feel like I'll lose it if I hear another thump against the wall.
But he loves it, he is pretty dedicated, and practices soccer moves that he's interested in. And while he has skills to work on, he also has some incredible moves. It's pretty neat to see him so excited and committed. I love to see him loving to do something. if it's outside.
But the best part was when we found out futsal (indoor soccer for the 'off season') was at the same time as scouts, and Reese said futsal wouldn't work. (internal fist pump...yessss)
I'm still working on the selfless supportive part of parenting :)

No comments: