Sunday, September 6, 2015

Regrets

My Grandma passed away recently. I don't have any grandparents left alive. She's the one I've known best as an adult, and while I knew even a year ago she was doing poorly, I just always thought I'd have another chance. To talk, visit, skype, send cards to, hear stories. When I learned she was gone, I was so sad I never called her the week before she passed away, even though I thought of her often and kept thinking I should call. I got so distracted by the littles all around me. The disapointing thing is, when Nana passed away I felt the same regret. Maybe it's natural to miss the opportunity to see someone you love, just cause you miss them, but I sure hope I get better at taking time with people and not be so focused on the process of life.

No comments: