She was so excited! She tagged along with me while I got her balloons, and she wanted me to pick them out, but liked the butterfly one a lot. We were getting into the car, and I thought I had a hold of all of them, as a motion in my peripheral vision drew my gaze, and I just missed a balloon as it drifted away.
'oh well' said Bree, as she tightly clasped the rest of the ribbons.
thanks Aubree!
She got dressed that morning in her princess dress, ready for her big day. As usual, I was still prepping last minute, but a friend stayed and helped with the four fun girls. I had a few mishaps, (my camera battery was totally drained when I went to get a pic of Bree in her princess dress with her friends, and the new frosting recipe totally failed, so was rather runny. But the girls didn't seem to care, and I had time to whip up a tried'n'true one for the evening cake.) They were all cute and happy, it was a fun morning. It was the easiest party so far; we sang some songs, played in the wading pool and slip'n'slide, decorated and ate cupcakes, and opened presents and blew bubbles.
The only problem came when we only had one bubble bottle, and taking turns dipping in wands was frustrating, but that was at the end, and I think kids were getting done.
She spent the rest of the morning/afternoon playing with a birthday playdough set she received. She loved it. Later on we had her chosen dinner of pancakes, her pink cake with a candle, and sang to her.
She ate only the frosting, as usual, but at least it was delicious, and then she opened a few more gifts. Grace had come with me to buy Bree a present, and picked out a talking baby, which Bree still loves and wants to take everywhere. She likes when it cries, so she can comfort it :)
We also got her a new tulle skirt, since she was outgrowing hers. She picks them out to wear almost everyday one is clean. And of course, if you get a tulle skirt, you have to spin. A lot.
When Bree was helping me pick out her ice cream, she kept wanting popsicles instead, so after cake we went outside for popsicles and more bubbles.
She spun, slurped, and sparkled in the evening sun as bubbles surrounded her. She is a bright ray that we all adore!
| aah, that popsicle is cold! |
1 comment:
You are a great Mom! I hope your kids realize how lucky they are to have you -- we sure do!
Post a Comment