Aubree learned to open doors awhile ago, and recently decided to start climbing out of her crib, which she has been capable of doing for months.
She discovered she could liberate herself from the imposed naptime and bedtime, which was very exciting for her. I had to lock myself in my room one afternoon, listening to her scamper around the house before settling outside my door to fall asleep.
She still needs naps, and I'm not ok with always being a prisoner in my own room (though it's not the first time.. we are hostages in their sleep negotiations). So we put her in a toddler bed, and I got some doorknob locks, and the pantry and her room are now inaccessible to her. We're going through a lot less granola bars and juice, and Aubree now falls asleep against the door in her room after spreading books out all over the floor. its totally worth the mess for the nap.
Yep, she is still in her pajamas for her nap.
Saturday, March 14, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment