We are getting better. And I'm a bit embarrassed at how impatient I get when i'm sick. i want to be better now! and it's like that every time, even though every time I remember that I am not at all patient, and somehow I've survived being sick many times before. Maybe I'm just totally wussy. So I've been trying to remind myself how lucky I am to live in a time when we have medicine, when my husband has sick leave, and that I'm married to someone who assures me with words and actions he doesn't mind or resent the week spent caring for us all, and trying to find something I might be willing to eat once. Those antibiotics were as bad as the illness the first couple days, the nausea seemed like ti was just adding to it all. But they finally broke the fever yesterday, and now I can reflect on how lucky and impatient/hopeless/weak I can be.
Apparently I never learn enough each time, cause today I remarked I wished I could be all better right away and get going, instead of wondering if I'll be nauseated all week. I can only imagine how exasperating I could be to my Heavenly Father, but I'm pretty sure I'll get plenty of opportunities ahead still to practice my sick-patience. My dad tells me it happens more and more as we get older, so there's that to look forward to.
Saturday, January 24, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment