And Abraham Lincoln is just awesome, I want to put up his proclamation (or part of it) for Thanksgiving, in, you know, the next 13 years or so. If he can proclaim "a day of thanksgiving and praise to Almighty God, the beneficent Creator and Ruler of the Universe" during a horrific civil war, then I could sure do better being grateful.
Which I really needed reminders of during our road trip to Colorado. and back. I really don't like driving in the car. especially for a long time. But, we had quite the adventure! And Thanksgiving day we spent with lots of family!
RD's mom made lots and lots of pies, but I think the lemon meringue and the chocolate coconut pecan dream were the first to go. They were so impressive I had to snap a pic.
Reese's favorite part was the football game on the lawn. The weather was great!
He pretty much summed it up when he said our family prayer than night and thanked our Father for an "amazing and awesome Thanksgiving day". Thanks to my Father for such great blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment