"Yes! With kragle too!" I yelped, giving him a high five. It was hilarious, and we all laughed at me. I can get a little tensed up about pics, so it was a great stressbreaker for me.
So we went on, and enjoyed our christmas holiday together.
| a smile! wow! |
| Reese avoids pics of him at all costs, but loves to photobomb |
| Grace even let Bree have turns with the bird! |
Aubree went around unwrapping everybody's candy, lining them up on the table, and taking one bite out of each piece.
I kept cleaning it up, and before we knew it she had gone through everyone's stocking candy except RD's. I think she only ate treats all day. She also loves to peel clementines, but doesn't eat more than 1 or 2 slices, so we had three or four oranges in pieces on the table.
Cameron laid on the couch most of the day, but we gave him snuggles and cuddles, and most of us napped that afternoon.
Then we had an awesome ham from Trader Joe's, fabulous potatoes with emmentaler cheese broiled over the top, inspired by his Christmas meals in France with raclette potatoes, and some other sides. I was so excited to use my grandmother's china, and Nana's napkins, they went together beautifuly, and I loved having pieces of memories with us. It was worth unpacking, washing, washing again, and repacking the china. We were so stuffed, but still found room to gorge on sweets we'd made the day earlier. We never did get around to making a buche de noelle, but we seem to have more than enough treats around, so we were ok with it.
Only 362 more days till Christmas!
1 comment:
Sounds like a wonderful day -- a little bitter, a lot of sweets, lots of laughter and love. Christmas at its best!
Post a Comment