So Cameron used a bisquick mix we had for some reason, and made pancakes for everyone. They were eaten.
The next morning, Cameron again asked to make pancakes. He'd done well yesterday, so I said yes again, but he wanted to make them from scratch, since the other ones hadn't been so good. We used Anna Mae's good old recipe, and he made pancakes again for everyone. By the time he'd made the batter, Reese finally woke up, and wanted to help pour and flip. Everyone oohed and aahed at the pancakes. Grace kept saying they were awesome, so delicious, or the best pancakes ever. Reese praised his own poured and flipped ones as just so fluffy, disregarding Cameron's batter-making. Cameron was pretty proud of himself, and loved that we all got stuffed on his pancakes.
| he made some plate-sized pancakes, but even flipped them well! |
They made a huge mess this time, which I debated whether I should make them clean up. Today, I was willing to clean it up. They were really good pancakes; if he wants to make them again, I would totally do some cleaning for them.
which is saying something.
2 comments:
Thanks for the pics and the "real life" choices we face. Congratulations on letting them try!
As I think I have told you before, I always think of you and your admirable willingness to try things when I hear the song "I hope you dance". I am listening to it now in your honor.
However, when it comes to rebuilding decks, it may have been wiser for us to sit this one out.
I love your blog! It's so nice to get a little glimpse into your cute family! You've inspired me to write more about everyday stuff and not just big events. That's what life's really about--the everyday stuff. :)
Post a Comment