Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Spring Concert

Today was Reese's spring concert for Orchestra and Choir. There are so many kids in the choir, they have two concerts, one on each of two days. Bree and I meandered over after dropping Grace onto the bus, even though ti didn't start for 1/2 hour, since last time there were parents packed in standing. Fortunately, it was much less crowded this tie around. Unfortunately he was in the very back, and right behind a girl, so I didn't get to see much of him playing the violin. But I did manage to get one shot.
Aubree loved the music, and danced to it at first. She was excited to see Reese when his orchestra ended and sat down, and he was right by us. She is just starting to call him 'eese' and was calling his name and pointing to him. When it was the choirs turn, she noticed he was no longer siting by us, and gestured with her shoulders up adn down, arms and hands out, wondering where 'eese' was. She spotted him in the camera lens as I tried to video him, got excited and was bouncing and pointing to him in the camera. Which makes it really hard to hold a camera.
He did good, he's way better than he was in the fall, and says he won't continue. Which is a little sad. Several weeks ago, he was practicing in the living room, and Aubree started dancing to his music. Cameron joined in, and Reese played like a fiddler tapping our feet, with the kids dancing for about 15 minutes. It was awesome. My camera battery was dead, or else I'd have it  on tape. That was the stuff of dreams.

1 comment:

Dad said...

Debbie-- Thanks for your posts, I love reading about your days and remembering the significance of the little details.
I would like to talk with you sometime about getting a book published -- I have my 1977-1990 journal and life story ready to publish but don't know how to go about it. I know you have done some books and would like to learn from you.