Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

So, I used to usually feel inadequate or overwhelmed on Mother's Day, regretful or condemned for not being who I want to be. I have heard other women complain about Mother's day, and it just seemed off. I don't ever hear about men not liking Father's day. What's the deal? I don't know. I guess for me at least, it was staring in the face of  who I see myself be, versus who I want to be everyday .
 So often, as in everyday, I read my scriptures, feel the power of Christ's example and Atonement, yet go on with my day and still get upset easily, think about myself first, get impatient and ungrateful. And everyday I start again, trying to be who I want to be instead of settling for what I am now. Sometimes that gets pretty frustrating. But on Mother's Day, now I love to soak up the joy.  From the gratitude for a mom who first of all, made me know how it felt to be loved. I could have faith in a God who loves me, cause I had first had faith in a mom who loves me.  For the yearly celebration of our efforts as women to have a "mother's heart' , and that our efforts are significant, even as they are imperfect and limited. For my kids own earnest yet imperfect efforts to show love to me, that proves to me how meaningful my efforts to love, like theirs, have a great impact.
Like the bemoaned (by the kids) mother's day picture I ask for every year... flawed effort by the kids, yet priceless to me.



No comments: