Since it was the twice-yearly general conference for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, for Family home evening we had one of the kids all-time favorite activities; the watchman on the tower. But we had it as an fhe:continued on tuesday, since we ran out of time after the lesson and treat Monday. We rarely skip treat for activity :)
the Watchman on the Tower is from Ezekiel 33:1-7. it is a parable that we related to the role of a prohet, and other teachers/leaders in our lives. The prophet can see danger ahead, and warn us of it. If we listen, we will be protected. If not, we are destroyed. Which I believe. SO, the cushions become our watchtower, and we take turns being the watchman, people, and attackers. Sometimes the people dedice to listen, and sometimes not. I'm not sure how effective this activity really is, since their favorite by far is Not listening, so destruction can occur.
And of course, once everyone has a turn at all the parts, a giant wrestling match seems obvious.
As a girl from a family with four girls and one boy, I still don't get wrestling, but I'm learning to deal with it.
Monday, April 7, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment