Grace Loves school. When she's sick, she cries cause she can't go to school. And she is there all day, getting on the bus at 8:40 and getting off at 4:40, for her school for the deaf program. I miss her. So Friday, when she snuggled into my bed and said she kind of didn't want to go to school, I thought maybe it'd be a good day to spend time with her. So we played hooky.
We started off by going to JoAnn's and getting some feathers and googly eyes to make a bird, something she has wanted to do for awhile. Then headed to the grocery store for some snacks for our special night that night, since the boys were going on a father/son campout. She wanted pringles, cheetos, and marhsmallows, with peaches'n'cream pancakes for dinner. We got home for lunch with Dad, and she was so excited to watch a movie during Bree's nap she kept asking when he was leaving. We watched Toy Story, and I ate more cheetos than her.
RD came home early to prep for the campout, and got to see her tears when we were trying to figure out how to make her bird. I was trying to tell her how I could help her make it, and she was not okay with what I was offering. After a looong time of tears and crying and being the meanest ever, not listening mom, she finally drew a picture of what she meant, and RD cut the wood for her in an eventually acceptabl manner. Then she was happy painting and taping her bird together, and now loves it.
The rest of the night we played together, pretending to be pirates, old maid, go fish, and listing to 'her' song "Gracie Girl". It was a great night. Though the afternoon was tough.
I sure love that girl! she is truly a 'blessing bestowed by God', as per her name.
She likes writing at school, and likes to go to Chuck E Cheese. At home she likes to snuggle, P.E. at school, and go swimming. Her favorite food is lasagna (surprise to me!), song is Gracie Girl, movie is a family movie (as in our family vidoes), and book is Dogerella.
Sunday, April 27, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is a AWESOME bird! Love it! The drawing of RD in the "this is my family" is spot on too.
Post a Comment