We have been talking about maybe trying out camping, and tossing around the idea of going to Bruneau State Park with the sand dunes. It's about an hour away, so we decided it could be a day trip, and fit it in on a Saturday when both the kids games were early. SO we packed up after the game and took off...
The sand dunes were pretty cool, but I am So glad we did not camp. I grew up loving to camp, but my idea of camping is in a trailer, at a nice state park (with showers and flush toilets... we did rustic a couple times that I remember as a kid, and i didn't love that) and a reason for being there besides for the sake of camping. NOT Bruneau. a few trees, bare landscape, crowded spots.
We had lunch, wondered at the kids 'swimming' in the totally brown 'lake', then headed to the dunes with our sleds. There is probably something better to get down on, but the sleds weren't very fast. RD and I thought it was pretty fun, Cameron and Grace liked it well enough, but Grace had a tough time climbing up, and Reese thought it was too hot. We all felt the heat; it will be an adjustment this summer! Poor Reese, he was wearing all black, we neglected to teach him about wearing light colors in the sun, and he just hasn't had to worry about it. RD did hit a geocache with Grace and Cameron, and we revived the spirits of all with some slushies from Chevron on the way home. It was fun to explore and have an adventure though!
Monday, May 6, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Fun! I never thought to take sleds to the dunes in Rexburg. Not that I had a sled to use, but still.
Post a Comment