The first day of Spring Break I wanted to make it a fun week having fun in Boise, so I told the kids we were going to the Boise Depot, open on Mondays. The boys grumbled some, but we went to check it out. It is a cool looking building, spanish mission style. We walked around, went up the (7 or 9?) story elevator in the tower, which Reese and Grace didn't like cause it was so loud from the wind, and checked out 'Big Mike' the steam engine. I convinced them to check out the local garden using the pond with huge fish. I don't think anyone was too impressed with it all.
Since they'd been pretty compliant, and Aubree wasn't fussy yet, we also went to the library and checked out a bunch of books. We came home, and I thought I'd ensured an evening of relative quiet and cooperation with new books, but it turned into a whine and argument-fest that almost led to quits on FHE. So I spent the next day reading a book whenever Aubree was sleeping; and the kids got a long much better. Go figure.
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment