Thursday, August 16, 2012

"That just depends on your perspective"

So the last three days had been almost constant rain. The kids were all still asking to go on a cookout, and though we have gone in the rain before, we declined, citing the weather as an excuse. So today Reese comes up to me and says, can we go on a cookout? it's sunny outside.
Surprised, I look out the window; yep, sky is obliterated with bluish gray clouds.  
Reese, it's not sunny, it's cloudy.

Reese - No, if it's bright, it's sunny.

Me - It's just not raining; sunny means you can see the sky.

Reese - Well, that just depends on your perspective.

I guess Reese has figured out how to adapt to a rainforest better than I;  I just need to change my definition of 'sunny'!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I love kids' perspective. So much more optimistic than mine. Aubree is SUCH a doll! what a cutie!