First of all, the song playing on the blog right now is dedicated to our Gracie! After talking about her birthday for the last 3 months, Grace's Birthday finally arrived! There has been anticipation building for the past week as birthday preparations took place. She has been so excited to turn 4 years old for the past year, and now has already started talking about turning 5. I mean, slow down Grace, this already is going by too fast! On Tuesday we had a family celebration where we opened cards, family gifts and had her favorite meal (Mac n' Cheese of course.) She has been focused (obsessed it too strong of a word) on anything related to Hello Kitty. I don't see what so keen about it, but hey, maybe it's because I'm not a cat fan.
She was so excited to get Hello Kitty chapstick, she nearly fell off the couch. I wish I had that kind of enthusiasm for glittery Vaseline.
We then had a birthday party celebration with some of her friends on Saturday. Debbie made an awesome Hello Kitty cake. I am super impressed with how it turned out.
We couldn't find a Hello Kitty pinata here in Sitka (go figure, right?) so Debbie took it upon herself to make one. I heard her say that it would have been way worth it to just spend 15 bucks for one pre-made than to mess with this arts and crafts project. But all the time that it took to make was well worth it! It turned out beautifully. Grace decorated the bow herself. Too bad something that too so much time, and turned out so well, gets smashed, mutilated, and pulverized with a baseball bat by little kids in a matter of minutes.
Debbie also created a "Pin-the-ribbon-on-the-Kitty" game which was tons of fun for her little guests.
Despite all the work Debbie put into this party, she thought we would run out of ideas and be stuck with a handful of sugar-loaded kids, but it turned out just right. Grace kept giving Debbie hugs and kisses to thank her for her Birthday. I'm sure Deb would agree that that kind of thanks makes it all worth it.
Here's to wishing Grace another wonderful, adventure filled year! Let's hope it doesn't go by too fast!
3 comments:
Yeah! happy Birthday Grace! What a fun filled party and I LOVE the cake and pinata! Very well made and look fantastic!
I LOVE IT! She is getting so OLD! Happy, happy birthday to Gracie! Meili loves Hello Kitty too... I think that is what we are doing for her birthday as well :)
What a fun party - and the cake looks really good! She's a darling girl.
Post a Comment