Every fall the NAD have a season end Big Show that we do as part of the Alaska Day Celebration. Last year I couldn't make the mendatory rehearsals (two weddings within a couple weeks!), so I was very excited to be in it this year. RD was g one this week, but got back into town the midnight before the Big Show, thank goodness.
Performing in front of our town, with lots of people I know, was a lot more intimidating than performing for mostly tourists. But, after making some goofs in the opening dance, I did ok! phew.
My favorites to perform were Kerchief, Horse, and Hopak!
Horse is just easy and fun, especially with kids in the audience! We 'poop' candy at the end of the dance, and it is shoveled out to the audience afterwards, which kids love. And I just love dances to do with horses:)


I just love how fun Kerchief is, with the girls fightin gover the kerchief, and of course I like the dress:)
1 comment:
I really like all the costumes. It's nice that you have been able to participate in this since you moved to Sitka. I know it makes a difference to have something to be involved in. We miss you guys!
Post a Comment