So this week in YW I taught the "Enjoyable Family Activities" lesson, and it was so cool. I love how in the Family Proclamation, wholesome recreational activities are one of the principles we use to build and maintain our family relationships. We have really really missed our usual Saturday family activity! With Reese doing basketball in the morning, cold and rainy/snowy weather, and friends invitations to play, we have not had the same time having fun together in the last month or so. We were so excited when yesterday turned out warmish (low 40s) and sunny! We decided to celebrate Grace's birthday yesterday instead of today, so she could have a whole fun day of birthday and still get to go to McDonalds for dinner. Fortunately Grace loves to get outside, so for her bday activity, as soon as our traditional mac'n'cheese lunch was over, we headed out for a short hike to the Thimbleberry geocache! The trail was icy, but the boys loved sliding/climbing on the ice, and Grace thought they were so funny.
The kids were off school thursday/friday, and I loved seeing them have fun together, encourage, and help each other. They strengthen our family so much. On friday Grace didn't make it to the toilet in time to keep her underwear dry, and wanted me to get her new underwear. She can do it herself, so I was encouraging her to do so, when Cameron came down with clean underwear. Glad he wanted to help, but annoyed Grace didn't do it herself, I told Cameron it was nice of him to do it, but I wanted her to learn to do it. He replied, "well, I really love her, so I wanted to help her".
!!!!!
Shining Moment!!
No comments:
Post a Comment