Reese turned 8 this week, and so coming of an age to know right and wrong and be responsible for those choices, was able to make the choice to be baptized!
We've been so excited for him to make this promise and receive the blessings from this special covenant. We were a little nervous that morning, if everything would go ok, and the kids were excited, and so a little restless. Reese picked the songs, and helped make copies of the program and music. Wonderful friends and members came, and gave great messages. I loved the songs Reese chose, "If I listen with my heart" and "when Jesus Christ was Baptized", they invited the Holy Ghost and taught such sweet truths.
We had to take his hearing aids out, and wanted him to participate fully in the ordinance, so we wrote out the prayer and taped it up by the font, so he could read it. It was not only helpful for Reese, but for RD to get a quick reminder when he blanked for a second after starting. :)
He also received the gift of the Holy Ghost and received a special blessing from the Lord. Reese is so amazing, I am so glad he is in our family. He listened intently during the talks and ordinance, very quiet after he was baptized while he was changing his clothes. I felt the Holy Ghost so strong, it is so awesome to see someone you love so much make those promises to follow Christ and receive His spirit, to get on that path to exaltation.
But one of the coolest parts of the day was when Reese wrote in the evening about what were the things he remembered most; "I felt the Holy Ghost. I felt things I couldn't do I could do. It was very cold in the water." What I want most to give him is something I can't; he has to work and sacrifice to 'own' his knowledge and testimony. How joyful to see him experience that uplifting, enabling power of the Atonement, that feeling from the Spirit that we can do those things we otherwise couldn't do! I am so excited he has felt and been able to articulate that power from making those baptismal promises! We love him so much!
5 comments:
Congratulations Reese! That is so great that he got baptized. I so wish I could have been there, what a special moment!
Congrats, Reese! We are so proud of you!
Such an exciting time! We have one in December! Can't wait!
Reese, we are so happy for you and glad that you came to your family, which is such a precious part of our family. We are sorry we couldn't be with you to celebrate, but are glad that we could talk with you on the video. Remember we love you, and thank you Debbie for all of your posts. We read and enjoy every one of them!
Dad Geiger
Awww!!! I didn't realize he was 8!! He's so cute! :)
Post a Comment