Today Sitka celebrates Alaska Day, a festival that annually commemorates the purchase transfer of Russian claim of Alaska to the US at Sitka on Oct 18 1867, and celebrates the diversity of cultures and historical perspectives of its people. This is one of the funnest weeks in Sitka, with a lot to do. With Grace sick, and then almost all the rest of us getting something from her, we didn't do as much as we had hoped. RD and I went to the Ball, which we had been looking forward to since last year, and was an absolute blast... I love to dance with RD! and then we all went to see the parade today.
Monday, October 18, 2010
Happy Alaska Day!
Today Sitka celebrates Alaska Day, a festival that annually commemorates the purchase transfer of Russian claim of Alaska to the US at Sitka on Oct 18 1867, and celebrates the diversity of cultures and historical perspectives of its people. This is one of the funnest weeks in Sitka, with a lot to do. With Grace sick, and then almost all the rest of us getting something from her, we didn't do as much as we had hoped. RD and I went to the Ball, which we had been looking forward to since last year, and was an absolute blast... I love to dance with RD! and then we all went to see the parade today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment