The tour wasn't very kid-friendly, and I learned more about salmon than I knew I didn't know, but it was cool to hear the stories of bears hanging around and trying to get fish, etc. The kids were into the big fish jumping all over... Grace was so surprised the first time she heard a fish jump, she just paused, a little anxious, then she saw one jump and knew what the sound was, and thought it was so cool!Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Fish hatchery tour
We got to go on a short boat ride (about 1 hour) to the Medvejie fish hatchery, where we went on a tour and had a salmon bake. This was Grace's first big boat ride, and she was SO excited about
it. The kids love being on the top right by the railing. We got to see a sea lion and a bunch of jelly fish, which the kids had fun spotting.
The tour wasn't very kid-friendly, and I learned more about salmon than I knew I didn't know, but it was cool to hear the stories of bears hanging around and trying to get fish, etc. The kids were into the big fish jumping all over... Grace was so surprised the first time she heard a fish jump, she just paused, a little anxious, then she saw one jump and knew what the sound was, and thought it was so cool!
Grace kept pointing to the fish exclaiming "jump!" whenever she'd see one go, and then would jump around herself. It was a fun diversion, and the salmon was yummy! We just missed getting white salmon to eat, which was a little sad, but we filled our tummies!
The tour wasn't very kid-friendly, and I learned more about salmon than I knew I didn't know, but it was cool to hear the stories of bears hanging around and trying to get fish, etc. The kids were into the big fish jumping all over... Grace was so surprised the first time she heard a fish jump, she just paused, a little anxious, then she saw one jump and knew what the sound was, and thought it was so cool!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So fun! I'm glad that the kids got distracted. It's so hard when a tour isn't kid friendly. The Jelly Belly factory is near us and it does not have a kid friendly tour. At least not friendly enough for Eli. We've been there 5 times with family/friends and I don't think he's been good once!
Oh no, that's the kind of thing I'd expect to be perfect for a kid!
well i dont think i can write on this but i just wanted you and RD to know i just got an email.
menbob96@gmail.com
Love you guys and miss you tons!
Menley
The kids are so cute escpecially gracie! and Cameron! and Reese! oh you all are cute!
i wont write on this again! Promise!
Post a Comment