
RD persistently resists my ever-present subterfuge putting whole wheat into what we eat. To be fair, he always eats what I make, and doesn't complain per se, but when he wanted to make box brownies (with ALL the oil, no applesauce like I do), and I wanted to try Whole Wheat Chocolate blueberry cake, he sighed as he indulged me. I know, almost everyone will think 'whole wheat cake?!"
This is SO good. I admit it does have a slight texture of whole wheat, but it is so YUM! RD even loved it! Look at the recipe at better homes and gardens website here. And there's hardly any fat if you don't add the topping!! It is so worthy of a trial. Even better if you have white whole wheat flour! We also use whipping cream instead of 'topping', which adds more fat, but this would be good with just the chocolate poured on top with blueberries.
3 comments:
It looks good. So funny about RD. I'm with you Deb. I'm excited to give it a try.
I applaud your efforts. Feed your family healthy food even RD is resistant!! Whole wheat chocolate cake is a fabulous idea. I would probably have to add the topping though!
That totally sounds like Jared too. He likes his wheat!
There was an article in the paper here the other about the gal from Provo that submitted that recipe to BH&G and won. Sounds like a winner we'll have to try!!
Hope ya'll are doing well!!
Post a Comment