Monday, March 22, 2010

Backyard cavorts


I remember my backyard growing up as an idyllic play ground; a garden, sand box, and deck to play on, playgrounds, trails and forts in the forest nearby, large grassy commons, a pond to skate on and feed ducks by. I loved it! We've been able to have a backyard some of our time having kids, and are so lucky to have a small one here; most homes in Sitka don't even have any grass, let alone a yard. We don't get to use it as much as we'd like, since it's wet most of the time, but how I love being in the yard with them. Grace has figured out how to swing on her tummy without falling on her head. And Reese enjoys playing football or soccer; he sure didn't get his flexibility from me! Course, I can't help but think, it'd sure to nice to watch them play while I was getting something done once in a while, but oh well :) It's kind of weird to think of our kids growing up here without a backyard (since we'll have to move from this house).

No comments: