Saturday, February 6, 2010

Photobook anyone?

I accidentally caused a semi-tragedy a while ago when we got a new computer. We had attached our external drive, and the picasa we had started to import the pictures from the drive. The drive had all the pictures we've taken with a digital camera, which is since 2007. I deleted the pics from Picasa from 2007 to May 2009, cause I don't need ALL those pics on the desktop when they're on the external drive, but I didn't know this new computer hadn't copied them! they were just accessed through Picasa. So when I deleted them from picasa ( which I'd done all the time on our old computer) it actually deleted them from our external drive!

I couldn't believe it.

I cried a little.
Fortunately, many of our favorite pictures were online at shutterfly, so I could order an archive dvd of the files they had. But the rest are just gone. So sad. So, if anyone has digital files of pics we sent from before July this year, we'd love to get a copy back!!

But while I regret my mistake, it did make scrapbooking for 2009 faster! I haven't done any since about June, and a lot has happened in the last six months! But then Winkflash started a flat rate book sale... any book is the same price, no matter how many pages or cover material! Since we fill the 100 page maximum, this would save us a lot of money! So I went crazy for a week and a half trying to get those 6 months done!! I did it just in time, and then they extended the sale. At least 2009's all done though! And missing some photos meant I could fit in everything except one activity in the 100 pages!
So, until Feb 17th, photo books at winkflash are a flat rate! We got a 100 page, leather covered, 10x8 photo book for $26 with shipping! Pretty sweet. Don't know if it was worth all the stress trying to get it done, but oh well. Winkflash isn't very userfriendly, but is cheap. I made my own pages and saved them as jpegs and used the full-photo page layout, maybe there's an easier way.
Have fun!

1 comment:

Brian said...

That's horrible Debbie. I hadn't heard about Winkflash, but I'll tell Kelli, I'm sure she'd love to use it.