Here in Sitka there is a cool folk dance group that performs authentic dances and songs from Russia and the surrounding areas from the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. Every fall they hold an audition that is open to the community, and I decided to try out, encouraged by some women in our ward; two of them auditioned too!We had four practices, with a preliminary and final audition before a panel of judges from the group. The final audition was a couple days ago, and I made it, yeah!!! So did the women in my ward. I am so excited, it has been a lot of fun! and helps me get more into shape, although it mostly makes me realize how out of shape I am. We'll practice and learn about 40 dances, then probably start performing them this summer during the tour season. It's an all woman group, with guy and girl roles, and I get to be a girl, which I'm very happy about!
RD keeps asking me questions that I don't know the answer to, but orientation is next week, so hopefully we'll find out if I can get free tickets for family/friends for performances!
5 comments:
How fun is that! Way to get involved. Have a FANTASTIC time!
HOw awesome! I hope you have SO MUCH fun!!! I can't wait to see you in those cool costumes! maybe you'll learn some russian too! THen you and David can talk!! Miss you so much! Check out our blog, I've finnally did some new stuff..like 5 new posts in teh last couple weeks!
Love you!!!
That's....totally awesome! Have a blast!
Debbie I am so proud of you!! I wish I could be in it with you. What a great way to get involved and to get out of the house!!!
So cool!
Post a Comment