Sunday, October 25, 2009

"I do it!"


I don't know that there is any hope for me. For not spoiling my baby girl, that is. She's my baby, and I think she's so dang cute. For that matter, I guess I'll spoil them all.

Grace is definitely in the independent stage, and seems to have some personality tendencies to be so anyway. She insists on climbing up the rock wall and going down the same slide as the boys, by herself, jumping off rocks, and wading in the ocean beside them. She loves to grin at me from the top of the playground, teasing with my blood pressure by waving a foot over the gap by the sliding pole, and chastises me for raising my hands to her in protest!
We're usually late wherever we're going, as Grace has to put on her own shoes, and often her hat and coat. And of course, there's always a delay if I don't do something the way she wants!!! She even put up a fight wanting to put her hearing aids in by herself!! I am not trusting her with those yet!!
It's exciting to see herself learning to do things though. She can undress herself, and put on pants and socks and shoes, feeds herself, and will try to do what she wants herself before asking for help. She sure has a bunch of spunk! It's so wonderful to hear her starting to imitate our words, and saying some on her own. Each word is the result of so much work, it's really intimidating to think how many words a day she would be learning without a hearing loss. She learned 'my turn' really fast though! What a miracle little brains are that can learn so much so fast!!

2 comments:

The Benfields said...

i think spunk is a great quality for children to have...as i don't seem to make children without it ;)
looks like the family is thriving! yay you guys!

Hawke said...

I like girls with spunk!!