Well, we are (mostly) packed up, cleaned, and hopefully will be ready to leave tomorrow morning after a whirlwind week and a half after deciding to move to Sitka. We head out tomorrow for Provo to see RD graduate! Yeah!! Go RD!!!
Then we make our way over to the ferry in Bellingham, WA to put our 6x12 trailer and van on a ferry, then fly up to Sitka. Four days later our trailer and van will get there, and we'll move into our new place. Reese will start school three days after we get there. Ah!
I ahve been so stressed and pre-occupied about moving, it hasn't hit me so much we're MOVING! We were folding laundry a coupl enights ago at 12:30am watching The Wedding Singer, and for some reason the ending made me suddenly really sad about leaving FC. We have really loved being here, it's been a great year, and to be honest, it's scary moving up to Sitka. Our experience in Galena was way more intense, but only four months long. What will living in such a small community for so long be like? How will Reese's school go? How bad will the rain and darkness be? How isolated can a small island on the ocean with 14 miles of road feel?
BUT, whenever my fears threaten to arise doubt, I remember that I know God wants us to go there, and I know with His help we can do what He asks of us.
I still need to clean the kitchen oven, counters, and floor, and wrapup some other things, andour computer obviously isn't even packed yet! We're nuts.
While the next couple of weeks will be very eventful for us, I apologize in advance for anyone who might check on what's going on and be disappointed we havn't updated yet; we're graduating, moving to (almost) another country, and don't know when we'll have internet access, so go easy on us!:)
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It was great to run into you in Provo! Love you all a lot. Good luck in Sitka and keep your chin up (I think I'd feel exactly the same way). I know you'll love it because you are the kind of person to make everything great!
Boardman Clan!
Naaaacccccchhhhhhhoooooooo! We miss you guys so much already. Good luck in Sitka!
Dave, Julee, Hamish & Ceilidh
Post a Comment