Grace has a very determined mind (hence the sudden reversal in opinion on solids) and has not yet decided she wants to walk, though she does like holding onto our fingers and walking around often. She loves to play with her ball popper as well as her shape sorter, dumping the shapes out and putting them back in. She loves to read books, especially one we have with animals that are hidden and are pulled out to see. She likes to play rhymes that involve tickling/little "piggies." She has learned to get safely down off of steps/couch, feet first, and can almost stand up in the middle of a floor by herself. Sitting on a lap while play or she watches her brother(s) is a favorite activity, and she will initiate 'chase/hiding' games.
Grace is very socially aware; she is very sensitive to attention, which makes me have to be very careful about what behaviour I give attention to. She'll hold food out over the floor to get a reaction, even if she plans on eating it. She'll stick food inside her ear after taking her aids out while eating! She grabs her hearing aid out a lot, and I have to be very careful to not give her attention for taking it out but still get it from her, and then get it back in without paying attention to her (very hard since she's so wiggly) and distract her to play. But it also makes for a lot of fun when she's being silly or playing games
Grace is doing pretty well with language. She signs or approximates signs for want, more, flower, bread, duck or goose, baby, cereal, be careful, all done, cheese, paper, ball, banana, bath/wash, up, down, without modeling/prompts. She responds appropriately to some simple signed and some vocal-only directions (like; say prayer- fold arms, go outside, go get.., where's .., shoes on,) , and says 'ma' for more, 'dada' for RD, Cameron and Reese, 'mama' for me, 'baba' for bye-bye, 'uhuh' for ruff-ruff, 'haha' for honk honk (geese), 'ba' for ball, 'oooo' for zoom (cars), 'nana' for banana, 'e-o' for hello, 'oh' for go, 'dow' for down, and something close to 'no-no'. We're putting more effort on the 'eee' sound and some more consonants she should be saying, but she's making progress and that's encouraging. If she would just stop getting plugged up with wax and needing to go to the ENT to get it out! Ear molds just don't help with that. We love our Gracie Girl! As with most babies, we're a little sad she's growing so fast. As I was holding Reese today, which is rare now (at least in my book:)) I was thinking wistfully of those days he'd cuddle me every day, and I'm so grateful I still get snuggles from her. What a joy these children bring to my life! I love being a mom.
3 comments:
Those are some yummy pics of Baby Gracie! She looks SO much like the boys. So amazing how fast that year went. :) BTW--it was so fun to see you guys a few weeks ago!
We miss you guys so much! It is wonderful to see how your family is growing, but sad to know that we don't get to be near you while it happens. We hope things are going well for you. Keep us updated on what your plans are (i.e. when you are moving to Oklahoma)!
I love the new Gracie song! I love the pics of you and her as well. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and happy mothers day! you are a great mom! Love you!
Post a Comment