Friday, March 27, 2009

manic depressive day

yesterday was a manic depressive day; an excited high and a very disapointed low. RD went back to Provo to defend his dissertation, and did great! He passed!!! Yeah!!!! with no problem and just a few minor edits! Way to go RD! He's awesome. Now he just has to submit it in two different formats to the university to get it published, which will take some time but isn't too bad. I'm so proud of him, and so glad it's over with!!
BUT, the committee managed to pick the worst storm day in CO for his defense, and his flight home was canceled. SO he's getting home a day and a half late. And CSU closed early, so he would have had extra time off of work... and Reese is out of school for severe weather. Since the roads are bad I can't drive anywhere. I've been up since 5:30 this morning (when Cameron awoke me for the second time) thinking about this whole sad situation. But, I've decided to make it an adventure and have fun with it, and remember things to be grateful for.
So far I've gotten to having a warm house, Mama Carol's peach freezer jam and fresh homemade oatmeal bread.

I don't know if that will keep me cheerful with the kids through tomorrow!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

Congratulations, RD! That is so great. I'm sure it is a relief to have it done. Hang in there, Debbie!

Robyn said...

Good luck! Peach jam and fresh bread is a pretty happy thing...