Debbie's so great! She seems to always be on top of everything, including this blog thing. I thought I would add in my two cents here about the latest from the Boardman family. A couple of weeks ago we decided to try out our snowshoes up at Estes Park. The boys received snowshoes for Christmas and we hadn't had any real snow since... so we thought we would give it a shot up there. We decided to head to a trail that we hadn't explored yet which was Alberta Falls. I was a little hesitant due to worrying that it might be too steep for the kids novel experience with huge feet, but she thought they could do it.

Well, she was half right. We took this family picture with all of us decked out in our shoes right at the outset of our hike. After the pic, we walked 10 feet and Camero

n had had enough. Debbie had expected such a response, but I was a bit bummed out. Reluctantly, I packed his snowshoes into the

pack and he made the trip in his boots. Thankfully the path was well packed so he could make the trek, but it was still pretty slippery for him. It was a gorgeous

hike. It was amazing how muffled noise is against a blanket of deep snow. We took snack breaks now and again to keep everyone satisfied, but the kids did wonderfully for hiking in the snow for a 2 mile round trip. When we finally arrived at Alberta Falls, all we found was a frozen ice sculpture

in the shape of a waterfall. That didn't stop Deb and the boys from going down and having some fun slipping and sliding on the ice! Reese even braved the ice and used it as a slide to go down the falls several times; Cameron tried it once and that was enough! Grace was a trooper as well. She seemed to enjoy the ride. It was really cool to look behind me and see Deb and Reese just chatting about life and laughing at one another. After we made our way back to the car, we enjoyed some nice hot chocolate that we brought just for the occasion. We really have enjoyed our time here... we just wish we could stay here for longer than the end of July.
Time is flying and we're looking into the unknown. We have no clue where we will be when August 1st comes around. It's a scary place to be. I'm sure many of you have felt that uncertainty, the millions of questions running through your head about future stability, the family's well being... it can be a bit overwhelming if I let it get to me. But, I will be forever grateful for my faith in God, and that my wife shares that faith. "For with God, nothing is impossible," and I believe Him. It's definitely rough not knowing the end from the beginning, but I am so glad there is someone beyond my mortal limitations who will be there til the end.
2 comments:
You guys always look like you're having so much fun! I wish we could come on a hike!
You guys are so outdoorsy. Hope all is well. Go cougs!
Darrick
Post a Comment