Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Reese!


Reese turns 6 years old today!!! We had a little party yesterday at Chuck E Cheese's with his Gramp and Grandma, which he LOVED!!! He and Cameron are now excited to go back for Cameron's bday... we'll see if we can make them wait six more months:) Reese's favorite game was the wave-runner, he liked that it moved him around while he 'drove' it. He did really well on it, as well as the mario racing game. Cameron's favorite was a dinosaur and shooting game.

We then had his cake/ice cream and present. This was the first year we didn't have a car, yeah!! Reese originally wanted a Cosmo cake, but after I told him that probably wasn't going to happen, he decided he wanted a blue and white 'Y' cake. I was thinking about doing blue icing between layers and edging on the top and bottom, but when I was short on time I figured Reese would be happy with it as it was, so it was nice to have an easy cake finally! And I was so excited to find one half-gallon of blue and white ice cream on sale thursday night! Yeah!

Several of us went in on his present.... that trike was just not big enough for a 6 year old! He loves that it goes 'super-fast!" Cameron was trying his best to keep up on his tiny bike with no pedals, and doing surprisingly well!

It's not hard to believe he's 6, but it is hard to believe it's gone so fast. A couple weeks ago someone in church was talking about how she's so sad to have her kids be growing up and leaving (her youngest is in high school), and it reminded me how much I love this time of life, even though somedays I just want a break! In his class on Friday, his teacher has all the kids say someting to the birthday person, and I got to be there and share something too. It was so sweet to be there, and I teared up telling Reese what I love about him ... I can be such a cry-baby! He's an amazing spirit that I am so grateful for!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Hey!!! I hope you don't mind i linked to your blog from your facebook page. Where are you guys living? You look like you're having a great time with your family. I can't wait until our little family grows and we can do fun stuff like that. But I'm sure you are MUCH more tired than I am at the end of the day. :)

KIC said...

Happy Birthday Reese!! We miss you!!

sambritt said...

Happy B-Day Reese. By the way, you can't pick your nose for a whole week after your birthday.

Sweet cake.

beccabo said...

Dittoe Debbie! SOrry to miss the birthday! Send me your phone number, I lost it...(lame I know)..I've been wanting to talk with you! Looks like you guys had fun! Reese, happy Birthday!

Despain said...

Happy Birthday Reese! Your new bike is really cool!